Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, May 28, 2012

Very Hungry Caterpillar Party

We had Tatum's 1st birthday party about a month ago.  We had such a great time, and the theme was pretty easy, but we got TONS of compliments about it.  I wanted to post the details for anyone else that's looking for a cute, easy birthday theme.


I would say 95% of these ideas came from Pinterest (love that site!).  If you want to see my pinboard for the party, go here:  http://pinterest.com/mrswarnock/tay-s-1st-birthday/

This was the main decor for the party-the food!  We basically served all of the fruit and sweet treats from the book.


We put these food cards by all the food from the book, so cute and easy.  I found them here:



This little guy might possibly be my favorite part of the decor.  I pretty much handed the watermelon to my dad and said, "Make it look like a caterpillar."  He did a great job.


These tissue paper pom poms made a cute caterpillar, but beware, they take FOREVER to spread each little layer apart.  I was going to make these, but then I saw them at the party store.  I just added eyes and antennae from construction paper.


The decorating committee- yes, there's 3 people working on those little tissue balls.

Another easy, but adorable, decor idea.  All we did was cut out 11 circles and added a picture from each month of baby's life.

These balloons were actually strung together on a string.  I don't recommend trying this, it would have been much quicker to just tape them up there.


We knew we would have a lot of kids attending, so we got a pinata, it fit the theme nicely too!

So, there you have it!  Here's one last picture of my very hungry caterpillar.

0 comments:

Post a Comment